Monday, July 20, 2015

Information about the new area

So, to start off, my address did change, but if anyone wants to send me anything they can just slap this on their mail:

Elder Andrew Cox
Nebraska Omaha Mission
11027 Martha Street
Omaha, NE 68144-3103

This address sends the mail to the office of the mission and from there, they can forward it to me (or, in case of a package, give it to my leaders who will get it to me). This address is like the best one to send anything to because it never changes. Even if I move areas, the office will just send the stuff to me. It's a really easy and safe way to do it. anyways, on to the good part.

So, answers to questions about the area: My companion is Elder Pearson. (i can't believe i forgot to mention him in my last e-mail). He's been on his mission for like 2 weeks less than a year, so he's older than me in the mission. He likes to play sports (although he says he's more like a jack of all trades, master of none with sports), he likes to boating (which he misses), he likes a lot of the same music as me, and he likes hats. He loves hats (another thing he misses). 

More answers:The city of Norfolk itself doesn't have a ton of Spanish speakers (definitely not as much as Omaha does) and they cities around it have even less. Except for a city named Madison, which is apparently like a little mexico. I haven't been there yet but I'll go eventually.In our church congregation, we have like 4 Spanish families that come almost every week. There are a few that don't come to church that we go and visit but they are like either super busy or vacationing in mexico right now lol. I have been able to work with some of them in day to day missionary work like 3 times already (that's like quite a bit. In Omaha it was like 10 times in 6 months so yeah). The only problem is that there aren't too many Spanish speakers to teach currently and the ones that say we can come back often aren't there when we come back. Kinda annoying. 

I hope you all have a great week! I miss like all of you like 1% of the time :P

Elder Cox


No comments:

Post a Comment