Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Meetings!




So, we had some meetings this week. First off, we had Spanish Conference! This is where all the Spanish missionaries in the mission come together and have some special training in Spanish and such. It is always an awesome time. We had to drive 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back. It was really far. Second, we had Zone Training. All the missionaries around a central point (Sioux City, Iowa for me) meet together and have some special training. It was really good and I got to see some missionaries for the last time, because they are going home. It was nice to see them and such. I'll include some pictures in this e-mail or subsequent e-mails.

So this week felt like it was only half of a week, because of the meetings but they were all good meetings so I didn't really mind it. But it was a pretty disappointing week. We had like at least 3 people that we had recently found or found a while ago "drop us". "Drop us" means that they decided to stop having us come over and teach them, or they tell us that through their actions, like being inside the house where we can see them and not answering the door (happened like 2 times this week). It's not very fun when that happens but what can we do about it? It's their choice, and we will respect it. Anyways, the bright side is that now we have more time to find new people to teach. 

I'm not really sure what else to say on this one. It's overall been a pretty great week, just without any stories or anything to tell. I guess I'll just close out by saying this: It doesn't matter if nothing works out; the thing that matters is that I am doing all that I can to serve my Savior and that is enough for me. The truly important thing is that I am striving to follow the Spirit of God in my day to day life and He will lead me where I need to go if I trust him and follow him.

Have a great week!

Elder Cox

P.S. Picture is of Spanish Conference
Zone Training

No comments:

Post a Comment