Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Day late, dollar short (Week 10)

To start, the libraries were closed during President's Day so we had to do emails today. (also, finally can send pictures! but I don't have many to send. Only 1 today, but I'll have more next time)

There is a lot of awesome things that happened this week!  First and foremost, We had a Baptism! It was on the 14th (Valentine's day) We didn't even know that this would happen until Wednesday. Emily is the name of the girl that got baptized and we have been teaching her and her mom for a long time. Her mom got baptized about a year and a half ago and Emily was kind of taught during that time. But last Wednesday, she asked us when was the soonest she could be baptized. Through lots of calls for scheduling the church building for use for the baptism (there were supposed to be like 3 other things going on; there was only the people for her baptism), we were able to set the baptism up and it went super well. Not a lot of people were there but that's what Emily wanted. I'm really happy we were able to do it on Valentine's Day because that's what she wanted. The day is now extra special to her. Also, it is like a missionary's dream for someone to ask when they can get baptized. Super awesome.

Second awesome thing: a brother of someone who has been listening to the missionaries for a long time (like 4 years almost) just got out of jail and has been listening to us teach too. He was in jail for drug possession (I think). He is a really spiritual guy and, so far, is really interested in what we have to say. The funny thing is that the first time we went to meet him, I wasn't actually there to meet him. I was on exchanges with someone to do the interview for baptism for the aforementioned Emily. Best Part: it was apparently all in Spanish and the Elder that was with my companion doesn't speak any Spanish. Fun times.

Third awesome thing: My birthday is in 3 days (the 20th)! That's about it lol.

Been really awesome. Spanish, although is hard to understand and speak, is really fun to learn and to try to use more. I have really been able to advance my ability in speaking it. The only problem I have is self confidence in my Spanish ability. Sometimes I fear that what I will say will come out wrong or not be said the right way. It's really difficult sometimes, especially when I have to use what is called Subjunctive, which English doesn't have. It makes things much clearer in Spanish but is hard to get use to using. It's coming though. Just gotta keep going and believing that I can do this. Gotta have faith that through Christ, I can do all. (Philippans 4:13)

Have a good week everyone! I know that I will :P
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment