Monday, October 26, 2015

Who cares?

So there is this one 8 year old kid in our church here that we saw yesterday. His brother said that he lies a lot, so we said "You know lying is against the commandments, right?" His response was, "Oh, who cares?" It was reallllllyyyy hilarious for us, but it is a good question to ask. Who does care if we disobey God's commandments? The answer is kinda obvious, but God cares. He cares about everyone, because he set his commandments as a barrier to protect us from the pain and misery that disobeying the commandments brings. If we obey God's commandments, we will be happy. I promise it.

Anyways, about me XD. I'm doing good. They feed us well here so I'm full everyday, unless I choose not to be (but why would I choose not to be? I always choose to be full lol). It's getting kinda cold 'round these parts but it just means I can break out my sweater that I got on clearance a few months back #preparation. I am loving here in good ol' Norfolk. It's really a pleasure to be here and I know that I am doing what God wants me to do by being here. 

This week was rather awesome. So as missionaries, we invite people to come unto Jesus Christ. We have been focused on inviting people through baptism, which is an essential part of coming unto Jesus. And so we have been doing that A LOT. And most people say no. It's sad, but it just happens that way. But we have had 2 people say yes! And this is what happened. So one of them is Almarosa (i've mentioned her before) and she wanted to meet with us. Well, we can't go inside someone's house if there is not another male there who is 16 years or older. So, if her husband was home, we could have come over. But he wasn't. We were calling some of our members to see if someone could come but we couldn't find anyone. She then said that she could invite one of her friends to come over so we were like "Perfecto!" So we went over there and talked to them. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation, which is where we came from (We came from God cuz he made us), why are we here (to try to live good lives to return to God after), and where we go after this life (we wait until judgement and then we are judged and those who are obey God's commandments will go and live with him). One of God's commandments is baptism, so we told them about that and asked them if they wanted to be baptized. They were concerned how much it would cost, which shocked us. They told us that in their church, for any of their kids to be baptized, you had to pay, which is rather foreign concept to Elder Wiltbank and I because we our church doesn't ever charge for baptism and stuff. So they decided that they would work towards being baptized on Dec 5th, and it was awesome. Amen.

Love you all!
Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment