Monday, October 12, 2015

This week tho.

The title states it all. This week feels like it just flew right on by. I barely even remember what all we've done! I actually do remember most of it but it's all just a blur for the most part. There is not a whole lot to say about it. Well, there is some to say. So, I don't think I've mentioned this specific person we were teaching before but there is this big Cuban man named Dunieski (the s is silent too) and we were just knocking doors and found him. He wasn't like 100% into our lessons but enjoyed having us come over and teach him. He had been gone on vacation for a while so we hadn't seen him, but we set him for a day to be baptized and he accepted. Also, I was with Elder Jones (English speaking missionary serving in the same town), so I was the only Spanish missionary there. And Dunieski told me that he was never going to go to church or be baptized. This is a kinda common thing to hear but he then went off for 20 minutes about how all churches, whether baptist, Mormon, catholic, etc. were corrupt and just to get money. I told him that our church isn't like that and that I, as a missionary, wasn't paid. I explained that we do a lot of community/worldwide disaster service, etc. but he didn't believe me. I was really sad. Like this has been weighing me down since that day. But I did what I could. I can't make him believe my words, even if they are true. He has to choose for himself. It's just a bit depressing overall. 

Otherwise, the last 2 days were really hot. It hasn't been this hot at this late in the year in Nebraska since 1955. That's pretty crazy. It was like 95 degrees. I'm really happy that I don't have to wear a suit coat all the time. But we had some good times. We were invited to the birthday party of a young man in the area named Angel. He's super cool and really fun to be around. And, as is customary, there was a cake. And his face was partly pushed into it by his aunt XD. It's a tradition for many Latino families. And then we got a pic together. It was great. 

So yeah, things are really going good here, other than the story I told. I am really liking it here. I definitely have to come back and visit after I leave. But that's not for a while. lol.

Love you all! (no homo)

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment