Monday, March 2, 2015

Communication is Key! (Week 12)

So, as the title suggests, I've been able to improve my communication skills! Elder Wilson and I are now able to talk and make jokes like we've known each other for a month! (which we have lol) It just took me looking at myself and wondering why I didn't think I could talk to him and realizing that I had constructed this notion that he didn't want to help me. Once we started talking, I came to realize that helping me is one of the things we wanted to do most. But, he is making me ask for his help. This may seem unhelpful but by having to ask first, I, for myself, am realizing how much I need help. And by asking, I'm becoming more willing to be help. I recognizing that this is super hard, and I can do it. But, if I try to do it alone, I will fail. Gotta not only rely on God, but on those God has put in my life. (Sidenote: I've also been much more comfortable speaking Spanish to him and he's helping me with word choice, sentence structure, pronunciation and overall confidence. Good stuff.)

In terms of the work, there is a lot to do here. It's hard to find time in the day to see everyone we need to see. It also doesn't help that a lot of the people we try to meet with are having troubles that stop them from being able to meet with us at the times we had appointments. Car trouble, siblings in rehab (well that's only 1 case but still), called in for work, etc. It's been hard to get to see everyone. But, we have had a few where we prayed and asked for the meeting to happen, and it did! Just delayed like an hour and a half. But it still happened, even though the chance of it happening was like slim. And it was a great meeting. Really helped the person and us see how God blesses his children. 

Overall, this week has been eventful yet uneventful. We got more snow, but not enough to cause us trouble. Nearly slipped once or twice but that's about it. Today though, we are going Ice Skating! Some missionaries are leaving to go home this week (they finished their missions) and there is a place outside of Omaha that has free Ice Skating today. So a bunch of missionaries are gonna go out there. It's gonna be great! 

Hope you all have a good week! About 1.49% of me is missing all of you! ;)

Elder Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment